Anxiety and Stress Management Issues
Is anxiety taking over your child’s life? Does it feel like your child can’t control it no matter how hard your child tries?
If this sounds like your child, I am confident I can help your child learn to manage anxiety and experience a sense of relief.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or shortness of breath
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Obsessions about certain ideas
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your child’s worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If your child suffers from anxiety, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.